Thank you for joining the course. We are delighted to share part of our creative music-making process designed for music teachers and emerging artists. This course will take you through a fun learning experience equipped with self-paced videos and assignments. A workbook is available as a companion tool for each of the lessons by upgrading to the one-time purchase course. Click here for more information.
The course is comprised of 4 sections:
- Introduction | Est. 25min
- Chapter 1: We Got That | Est. 75min
- Chapter 2: Free Ya Mind | Est. 75min
- Chapter 3: Victory, An Idea Whose Time Has Come | Est. 75min
How to Use These Materials
This curriculum is designed for educators to gain a solid foundation in the genre and practice of hip hop. Chen Lo and Asante teach the content directly to you, requiring you to do the same activities students will be completing. While Chen Lo and Asante can be examples, you are the best and most accessible example to your students in demonstrating how to be vulnerable in experimenting with an unfamiliar practice.
There are two distinct avenues of learning:
- Professional Development Track: The curriculum contains approximately three and a half (3.5) hours of professional development. Each module is self-paced and has content that can quickly be applied to developing your own curriculum for your students.
- Co-Teaching Track: Chen Lo and Asante are your co-teachers as you learn alongside your students. Complete the professional development yourself and then use the "Lesson Snapshot" videos to quickly curate content directly for student engagement.
- 1 hour+ of self-paced video lessons
- 2 template worksheets for music creating
- 10 assignments
- 10 lessons
- 25-minute lessons